Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Symbian made me cry

Carbide for Symbian stopped compiling my project, actually that is a lie, it NEVER managed to compile my project. I switched to it after the visual studio 2003 symbian plugin system stopped compiling my project. In fact, if you have a minute, it stopped compiling my project and started compiling files which were not even in my project.

So now I am using the command line to try and build my projects, but now I have a new problem, I am getting errors and warnings that I never got before, I am having to restructure my code simply to get it to compile; which it isn't yet. And why hasn't it? Why because it cannot run "link.exe" a file which doesn't come with the Symbian SDK install.

I have been at this for 2 MONTHS. I do not believe I am stupid, I have written many games and projects over the years. So why do I have so much trouble using the Symbian system? I hope someone reads this and tells me what I am doing wrong, please, please help me, my insides hurt and it makes me cry.

1 comment:

Bridgeview Station said...

Hmm sounds like your really hurting you may want to check out these guys http://www.samaritans.org.uk/who may know a little about your prob.

You can thank me later!

B.